This zucchini and bacon slice is a fantastic way to get more vegetables into your meals, its packed full of vegetables and it tastes delicious. You can eat this slice hot or cold, with salad, on it’s own or even on a sandwich or toast. It’s fantastic to pack as a morning tea snack as well.
The bacon and cheese will leave even the fussiest of eaters satisfied.
If vegetables aren’t really your thing, you could always try this version of Quiche Lorraine or Mini Quiche instead.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 150 g bacon, diced
- 100 g cheese, grated
- 1 cup SR flour
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a large baking dish.
- Optional – heat 1 tsp of oil to medium heat in a frying pan and cook the onions for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Place the zucchini, carrot, capsicum, onion, bacon, cheese and flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs, milk and remaining oil and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, smooth the surface and bake for 40 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Set aside to cool before slicing.