There’s nothing I love better than a roast dinner, especially when half the work is already done for you. A roast turkey thigh roll is quick and easy to prepare – in fact, it’s already prepared and seasoned for you. The hardest part is having to wait the 90 minutes until it’s cooked.
If you’re making a roast then it’s logical that you would also make a few roast vegetables to go with your meal. You could be a bit different and serve it with honey glazed carrots and hasselback potatoes. However, if you’re short on time, you can serve this thigh roll with a simple garden salad and it will still be a satisfying meal. A perfect dessert would be a vanilla magic cake, Christmas pudding or pavlova.
Prep: 0 mins
Cook: 90 mins
- 1 x 1kg Turkey Thigh Roll
- 1 tsp oil
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Remove the turkey from the plastic packaging, but leave it wrapped in the foil provided.
- Place the turkey into a baking dish and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Roast the turkey roll for 50 minutes before removing the foil.
- Baste with a small amount of oil to help the turkey brown.
- Place the turkey back into the oven for the remaining 40 minutes.
- Allow the turkey to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Tip: Your turkey is cooked when the juices run clear after piercing it, or when the internal temperature reaches 82C.