Banana and pear bread is something I made today because I had bananas and pears that needed to be used. I had never made it before and was really surprised at the delicious result. It’s like a lovely banana bread with a hint of pear and I can always pretend it’s better for you because it’s got banana AND pear in it (instead of just banana). I love it toasted with lots of butter, the kids like to eat it plain. How do you like it?
Great for breakfast, morning tea or dessert!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 pear, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 110 g butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups SR flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175C and grease and line a large loaf pan.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out cleanly.
- Leave to cool in the pan for 30 minutes before turning out and letting it cool completely.