When I was growing up I LOVED Milo and making Milo biscuits. Can you really go wrong with anything that has Milo in it? I would eat it by the spoon, I would add it by the tablespoon to my milk and of course, sneak it into any sweet recipe I could. My love of Milo continues to this day, it is a special treat and we don’t have it all the time so that makes these Milo biscuits extra special.
If you love biscuits, you could also try the following recipes.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 125 g butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Milo
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- Icing sugar/white chocolate and sprinkles for decorations (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the butter and sugar with the egg and mix until well combined, pale and creamy.
- Add the Milo and flour and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 25 equal portions and roll into balls.
- Place the balls on the baking paper and press down to flatten. Leave enough room (4 cm) to allow for spreading.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you would like to decorate your biscuits, you can melt some white chocolate (or prepare icing using the icing sugar) and apply to the top of the biscuits, then lightly dust with sprinkles (or Milo).