Do you like crispy potatoes? If the answer is yes (and of course the answer is yes!), then you really need to try hasselback potatoes. They are the crispiest, most more-ish potatoes ever. This recipe is to serve them as a side dish but I say why leave them as just as a side? These potatoes are so good you won’t want to eat anything else.
Perfect to be served with anything, why not make them next time you make a roast turkey thigh roll, roasted lemon chicken, or brown sugar glazed ham. Don’t forget a side of honey glazed carrots to compliment the potatoes.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 60 mins
- 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 2-3tbs oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Halve the potatoes lengthways.
- With the cut side down, make thin evenly spaced cuts about 3mm apart to near the base of the potato. The cuts should not go through the base of the potato.
- Transfer potatoes to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Combine the oil, garlic and rosemary in a small bowl. Drizzle the mixture over the potatoes.
- Season with salt.
- Roast for 1 hour, turning occasionally.