My family loves Mexican food and we had seen Mexican tortilla stacks before but never had one. I always thought they looked too tricky to make but it was so simple and easy to prepare it will now be a regular on our menu. You can add/subtract ingredients to really personalise it to your family’s taste preferences. Serve it with some sour cream and salad and you’ll be wondering why you’ve never made it before either.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1/3 quantity prepared Mexican Mince
- 1 quantity prepared Home Made Tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- sour cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place a tortilla on the baking paper. Top the tortilla with some of the mince. Repeat until all the tortillas and mince is used.
- Sprinkle the stack with grated cheese.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the stack is heated through.
- It is best if you allow this to rest for an hour before cutting into wedges and serving (reheating if necessary). This allows the stack to hold its shape better.