When I was growing up, one of the best things about Christmas was the Peanut Butter Bon Bons. We only ever had them at Christmas which made it a really special treat and it became a Christmas tradition. I can’t remember a year when we haven’t had them.
Peanut Butter Bon Bons are really simple to make and look great on a platter served with Rum Balls, colourful Chocolate Weet-Bix balls and other truffles. I like to coat the bon bons in a combination of different chocolates (milk, dark and white) but have only put dark chocolate in the recipe because I believe it’s the best.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1.5 cups rice bubbles
- 30g copha
- 120g butter or margarine
- 300g dark cooking chocolate
- Combine the butter, peanut butter and copha in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until melted.
- Mix the icing sugar and rice bubbles together then add the melted butter mixture.
- Add the melted peanut butter mixture to the rice bubble mixture and shape into teaspoon sized balls.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate and dip the balls into the chocolate, then return to the fridge to set.
- Keep in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.