Spinach and corn pasties are a quick and easy meal that you can make in advance and freeze for later (or cook and eat immediately). They are suitable for lunch boxes, lunch or dinner and the best thing is, they are cheap and delicious.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 410 g can of creamed corn
- 250 g frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 onion, finely diced (optional)
- 100 g grated cheese
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C and line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil to a high heat and saute the potatoes for 4 – 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the onion and saute for a further 3 minutes until the onion is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the creamed corn, spinach and cheese to the pan and season to taste.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into half diagonally.
- Place filling on half of each piece of puff pastry, leaving a 1 cm border so you can crimp the edges together.
- Fold the puff pastry in half and crimp the edges with a fork to seal.
- Place the pasties onto the baking sheets and bake for 25-30 minutes until puffed and golden.