A salmon pasta bake is a fantastic tasting, quick to prepare and cheap to make family dinner. By using a bottle of cream you can forego the step where you would usually make a cheese sauce which makes this a much faster salmon bake than other recipes. The addition of lemon really lifts the flavour and makes this creamy pasta bake a delight to eat.
I like to include a few vegetables with mine which adds extra flavour and texture, but it also stretches it out for larger families. I also like to serve mine with a garden salad.
Other pasta bakes you might like to try are:
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 500 g dried pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, diced (carrots, peas, corns cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini etc)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 415 g can pink or red salmon, drained and flaked
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 2 tsp oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a large baking dish.
- Follow the packet instructions and cook the pasta. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, use a large saucepan to heat the oil to a medium heat. Fry the onions and garlic for 3 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the salmon and cream to the pan. Flavour with the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes or until heated.
- Stir the pasta through the sauce before transferring the mixture to the baking dish.
- Top the mixture with the breadcrumbs and cheese before baking for 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pasta bake is golden on top.