Orange and poppy Seed muffins are a favourite of mine, there’s something about the light orange flavour that comes through that makes them seem fresh and light. They’re not something I buy very often and now I don’t have to! I never knew just how easy they were to make until now.
I’ve made Orange and Poppy Seed cakes before but this time I was looking for something quicker and easier to make – muffins for the win! I love this recipe because there’s no beaters required.
Prep: 12 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 tbs poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups SR Flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 125g butter or marg, melted
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp finely grated orange peel (optional)
- icing sugar to dust (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Combine the poppy seeds and 1/4 cup of milk in your mixing bowl and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl.
- Stir until just combined (overmixing will make your muffins dense).
- Spoon the batter evenly between your 12 muffin cases and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a baking tray and dust with icing sugar before serving (optional).