Roast pumpkin and ricotta lasagne is perfect for those meat free nights when you still want to eat something substantial. The roast pumpkin adds a sweetness to the lasagne really elevating the meal from bland to extraordinary.
If you love pumpkin, why not use any leftover pumpkin in this creamy pumpkin curry or frittata. If you’ve got a bit more time and you’re looking for something really indulgent, you could try this zucchini moussaka instead.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 75 minutes
- 1.5 kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and sliced 1 cm thick
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 500 g ricotta
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 6 lasagne sheets
- 1 cup grated cheese
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the sliced pumpkin over the baking tray and spray with cooking oil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and roughly mash it.
- Combine the ricotta with the egg, milk, salt and pepper.
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Place a thin layer of pumpkin over the base of the dish, top with a small amount of the ricotta mixture and then cover with 2 sheets of lasagne.
- Next place another layer of pumpkin, a layer of tomatoes and some more ricotta mixture followed by 2 more lasagne sheets.
- Repeat the layers until all the mixture/lasagne sheets/tomatoes have been used, finishing with a layer of ricotta on top.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and bake for 40 minutes.
- If you allow the lasagne to cool in the baking dish for 10 – 15 minutes before serving it will retain its shape better when sliced.
- Serve with salad.