I don’t know about you, but I love mini quiche. They are dainty enough to serve at parties, but hearty enough to be a lunch, dinner or morning tea as well. These cute little mini quiche are the perfect little finger food that you can eat at work or school. They truly are suitable for the entire family and so easy to prepare.
This recipe for mini quiche is so easy that your children can help you create these mini masterpieces. In fact, show them how to make them and let them come up with their own favourite flavours. You could try ham and mushroom, chicken and corn, cheese and vegetables, or even spinach and feta. The delicious combinations are endlesss.
I love that this recipe is a crustless version, however, if you prefer your mini quiche to be enclosed in a mini shell, feel free to add discs of puff pastry to the bottom of your cupcake pan before you cook them.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 mini quiche
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 4 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbs grated cheese
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1 tsp of oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a 12 hole cupcake pan well.
- Cook the bacon and onion in a frying pan over medium heat until the onion has softened and bacon has cooked.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 cupcake spaces.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden on top.
- Leave to cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning them out.