I love this creamy chilli and garlic pasta. This pasta is so quick and easy to make, and, the variations are limitless. I love that just a few ingredients can combine to be something so incredibly delicious. You can increase/decrease the amount of chilli and garlic to suit your tastes.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- chillis, diced (I used 3 birdseye chilli’s but you can use however many of whatever sort of chilli you like)
- 500 g packet pasta spirals
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 150-200 g bacon, diced
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tbs oil
- Cook pasta according to packet directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan to medium heat. Fry the onion, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add the bacon and cook for a further minute before pouring in the cream. Let simmer until the pasta has finished cooking.
- Drain the pasta then place it back into the saucepan. Pour the sauce and cheese onto the pasta and stir to combine.
- It may appear runny at first but leave it for 10 minutes and the sauce will thicken on cooling.
- Season to taste then serve.