I really like the idea of mug cakes and a Nutella mug cake is no exception. The only thing I find is that when you cook them in a mug, they always spill over the edge during cooking OR it’s difficult to eat the cake and ice cream from the mug because you really can’t get the spoon in there. Call me old fashioned, but I’ll take a cake in a bowl, over a cake in a mug any day of the week.
This recipe was prepared in a bowl instead of a mug, it is a generous sized single serve. You can mix all the ingredients up in the bowl you will be cooking it in which saves on washing up OR you can mix it all together in a separate bowl and transfer it to your bowl before cooking.
If you’re looking for something to feed the whole family instead of a single serve, perhaps you could try the chocolate self saucing pudding , the butterscotch self saucing pudding or even the baked ricotta cheesecake and/or vanilla magic cake.
Prep: 2 – 5 minutes
Cook: 90 seconds
- 1/4 cup SR flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs milk
- 2 tbs oil
- 2 tbs Nutella (or equivalent)
- ice cream or whipped cream, to serve
- Mix together the flour, cocoa and sugar.
- Add in the egg, milk and oil and mix until well combined.
- If you have prepared this in a different bowl to which you will be cooking it in, transfer it to your cooking bowl now.
- Place the 2 tbs of Nutella on top (I like to spread mine out a bit)
- Cook in the microwave on high for 90 seconds until risen. The cake will still appear gooey on top when it is cooked. Do not overcook the cake or it will become dry.
- Serve immediately with ice cream or whipped cream.