Corn and carrot fritters are quick and easy to prepare and are something that you can serve with a simple side salad to make a tasty and complete meal.
They are simple enough that a beginner cook or child can make them, and these are perfect to pack in school lunch boxes. Why not get the kids involved in helping to create a large batch for dinner one night and use the leftovers for lunch the next day.
These are also great served with eggs (and bacon) for breakfast. Yum!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 -6
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1 x 420g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 large carrot, grated finely
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- oil, for frying
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper, eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Stir through the corn and carrot.
- Heat the oil to medium high heat in a large frying pan. Place 1/4 cup of mixture per fritter into your frying pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes each side until the fritter is golden and cooked through. Repeat with any remaining mixture.