I love this warm chicken schnitzel salad, it’s the type of salad that leaves non salad lovers asking for more. It does take a bit longer to prepare than your usual chicken salad but it’s definitely worth the wait. No one will be leaving the table hungry after this lunch/dinner!
If you need to stretch it a bit further, bulk it out with more pumpkin. Most people would say the chicken is the hero in a salad, but in this one I truly believe the pumpkin is the star.
If you have any unsalted cashews you could throw them in too for some added crunch.
I like mine with a light drizzle of french dressing, but you could experiment and use any dressing you like. My husband uses good old fashioned mayonnaise on his.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 2 large home made chicken schnitzels
- 300 g pumpkin, diced
- 1 capsicum, quartered
- 125 g feta, diced
- Heat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin and capsicum onto the baking tray and drizzle with a small amount of oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, the skin of the capsicum should be easy to remove. Slice the capsicum thinly.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over medium high heat and fry the schnitzels for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Slice the schnitzel into bite sized pieces.
- Place some lettuce onto the bottom of your plate, and top with the schnitzel, pumpkin, capsicum and feta.
- Drizzle over the salad dressing of your choice and serve immediately.