Blueberry muffins are something I used to buy from cafes. They were delicious but would cost around $4 each. Using this recipe, I can make my own batch of 12 blueberry muffins for under the price of one cafe bought muffin. Sorry cafe muffins, I love you but these are too quick and easy to make for me to bother buying you anymore. The best bit is I can freeze these muffins and eat one whenever I like. They are perfect with a cup of tea for morning or afternoon tea (or as a sneaky breakfast on the go).
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe, however, I find that while the frozen berries still make delicious muffins the berries don’t always hold their shape as well as the fresh berries.
If you want to make muffins but don’t have any blueberries, you could try these other muffin recipes.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups SR flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 125 g blueberries
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugars.
- Add the milk, egg, oil and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Stir through the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.