Do you like impossible pies? Have you considered making a breakfast impossible pie? This pie is so easy to make you can get it ready and then let it cook while you have a shower and get the kids out of bed.
It doesn’t have to be kept to breakfast time only either, this breakfast impossible pie also makes a perfect brunch, lunch or even dinner.
If you don’t have time to make this impossible pie, you could always have these baked cheesy eggs on toast for breakfast.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 100 g bacon, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 green/spring onion, sliced
- 2-3 mushrooms, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup SR flour
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 30cm pie dish.
- Heat a frying pan to high heat, place the spinach in the pan with a sprinkle of water and wilt the spinach. Remove the spinach from the pan and set aside.
- Place the bacon, capsicum and spring onions into the pan and cook for 3- 5 minutes until the bacon is cooked. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and flour together.
- Stir through the cheese, spinach, bacon, capsicum and spring onion. Pour the mixture into the pie dish.
- Place the sliced mushrooms on top of the pie, floating on the surface. You can try to do a pattern to make it look pretty.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden and set.
- Allow the pie to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving.
- Can be served hot, cold or room temperature.