I call this a prawn Caesar-like salad because it’s like a Caesar salad but not quite. My family don’t like Caesar dressing and think croutons are a waste of time, I disagree, but there’s no point making something that only I will eat. Feel free to add croutons and switch the home made mayonnaise to Caesar dressing if you’d prefer.
I often serve this prawn Caesar-like salad as a side, but there’s no reason you couldn’t serve it as a main. If you don’t have prawns, that’s ok – just swap out the prawns for chicken. You could even make this out of the leftovers from the roasted lemon chicken. The perfect dessert could be this super easy pavlova.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 0 mins
- 2 x baby cos lettuce
- 32 Tiger Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, sliced in half
- 150 g bacon, diced and cooked
- Parmesan cheese, to serve)
- Home made mayonnaise, to serve
- Arrange the lettuce, prawns, eggs and bacon on a serving platter.
- Drizzle over the home made mayonnaise or serve it on the side.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.