If your family loves banana bread then you should definitely give this version a try. This banana and oat loaf has the same flavours as your typical banana bread but it has the added benefit of oats. Don’t tell the kids it’s better for them and they’ll never know the difference. Great served as is or toasted with butter and syrup.
Or if you’re after another loaf that doesn’t include banana you could try this coconut loaf.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 60 minutes
Makes: 1 loaf
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar (brown or white)
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups SR flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and line a large loaf tin.
- Combine the milk, sugar and eggs and mix well.
- Fold through the bananas, oats, flour and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out cleanly.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to continue cooling.