Risotto is one of those meals that you really need to set aside a good hour for, and for half of that time you are tied to the stove.
This baked risotto is so easy to prepare, you only have to fry up the onions, bacon and mushrooms for 5 minutes and then the oven does the rest.
Once you’ve made this recipe and you’ve seen just how easy and delicious it is, I’m sure you’ll add it to your regular meals. Try adding other ingredients like chicken, broccoli, cauliflower etc.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 120 g butter
- 700 g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 5 rashers bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 75 g tasty cheese, grated
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese, grated (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- In a frypan over medium high heat, melt the butter and cook the bacon, onion and mushrooms until onions have softened and bacon is almost crisp.
- Add all the ingredients to a baking dish and mix well
- Bake for 35-40 minutes