Stuffed potatoes are great because you can change the flavour every time you make them to suit whatever is in your fridge at the time. There is little work to making a stuffed potato, and it can be used as a main meal or as a side. I cooked these in the oven but you could use the microwave to save time.
If you liked stuffed potatoes, why not try these other flavours:
Stuffed Potatoes with a Cheese and Bacon Filling
Stuffed Potatoes with a Broccoli and Cheese Filling
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with a Cheese and Bacon Filling
Or, if you’ve made my Mexican mince or chilli con carne, you could use these as the fillings instead.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 75 minutes
- 4 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed well
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 50 – 100g broccoli, cut into very small florets
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 100 g cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 60 minutes.
- Place the broccoli into a bowl with 2 tbs water. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes before draining.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, let them cool enough to handle before slicing each potato in half lengthways.
- Place the onion, broccoli, sour cream and half of the cheese in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and then stir to combine the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato cases and top with the remaining cheese.
- Return the potatoes to the oven and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and turned golden.