There’s a few different ways to make Rumballs but I think the easiest and most cost effective way is by using biscuits as the base.
Christmas isn’t Christmas without Rum Balls.
A little hint when you’re making these, it’s easier to roll the balls if you wet your hands first, this way your hands won’t become a gluggy mess.
These make the perfect Christmas platter, or you can place them into cellophane bags or a box for the perfect home made gift.
If you’re looking for other home made Christmas gift ideas, why not check out my Christmas recipes here.
- 250 g Milk Arrowroot biscuits, crushed
- 395 g condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbs rum (to taste – optional. You could use rum essence instead if you’d like rumless Rum Balls)
- 1 cup coconut – extra (to decorate)
- Combine all ingredients (except the extra coconut) into a bowl and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into teaspoon sized balls (generous teaspoons).
- Coat the balls in the extra coconut and then place them onto a tray.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.