Fried rice is such a versatile meal. It’s great as a main meal, it goes fantastically as a side dish and did you know you can freeze it?
I don’t know what it is about fried rice, but everyone I know seems to like it a lot. In my eyes that makes it a perfect crowd pleasing meal.
If you’ve made too much fried rice, you could serve the remainder with this chicken and broccoli stir fry.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked white rice, cooked and cooled
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 100 g bacon, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup peas and/or corn
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (broccoli, capsicum, cauliflower, extra peas, corn, onion etc)
- 2-3 tbs soy sauce
- oil for frying
- Heat oil to medium high heat in a large frying pan or wok.
- Pour the egg into the pan and try and make it into a very thin omelette. Once the egg is cooked through, roll it up like a cigar and remove it from the pan.
- Add the vegetables and meat and cook stirring until lightly cooked.
- Add the rice and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slice the egg thinly and return it to the pan.
- Add the soy sauce and stir to combine. Cook for a further 1 or two minutes until heated through before serving.