Pumpkin frittata is a quick, light lunch or dinner, that is healthy (reasonably) and cheap. It’s great for lunchboxes because you can eat it hot or cold, with or without salad. If you have other vegetables, you could try changing the pumpkin to a mixture of other vegetables to create new flavours.
If you like egg based dishes, you could try these instead: Bacon and Spinach Pie, Mini Quiche or quick and easy crustless quiche lorraine.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 250 g pumpkin, peeled and sliced thinly
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 tbs grated cheese extra
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C, grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm cake tin.
- Place the pumpkin into the base of the prepared tin.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and 1/2 cup grated cheese together. Season with salt and pepper before pouring it over the top of the pumpking.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbs of grated cheese over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Leave to cool in the tin for at least 5 minutes, before removing it from the tin.
- Serve hot or leave to cool completely.