This Mexican Pizza is a great alternative to the usual “supreme” or “ham and cheese” that my family typically buys. Making pizza saves so much money but it also often tastes better, is more creative and can be cooked and on the table quicker than a pizza that is being delivered.
Give it a try today!
If your family loves pizza as much as mine, why not try this vegetarian pizza or this bacon and cheese pizza. Both are equally delicious and easy.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Makes: 2 pizzas
- 3/4 cup chilli con carne
- 100 g cheese, grated
- 1-2 tbs sour cream
- 1 3/4 cups SR flour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 210C and prepare a pizza tray.
- Place the flour, oil and boiling water into a bowl and stir till a dough forms.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead until just combined.
- Roll the dough out to suit the size of your tray and spread the chilli con carne across the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 minutes until the base is crispy.
- Serve with sour cream.
Note: If you like a crispier crust, you can bake the base for 5 minutes before applying the toppings.