Mars Bar Slice is a classic for a reason, It’s AMAZING! It’s crunchy yet chewy and very little compares to the wonderful combination of caramel and chocolate. The name should give it away – but for those of you who don’t know, Mars Bar Slice is made out of yummy yummy Mars Bars!
We rarely had Mars Bar Slice when I was a kid, I used to love going to parties and gobbling it up, it was always my special little treat. I even labelled it “best party food ever”.
As an adult I can see just how easy it is to make. We still don’t have it very often (because I’d eat the whole thing given half a chance) but hopefully by sharing this recipe with you, you’ll rediscover your love of Mars Bar Slice too.
If you’re looking for other easy to make slices, you could try making a caramel slice or a weet-bix slice if you want to be a little healthier.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Cooling time: Approx 1.5 hours
Makes: 16 pieces
- 50 g butter
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 5 x Mars Bars, chopped finely
- 3 cups Rice Bubbles
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 20 g Copha
- Grease and line a slice tray.
- Place the butter, golden syrup and 4 of the Mars Bars (finely chopped) into a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until the mixture is melted and smooth (it may still be a little lumpy from pieces of Mars Bar and that’s ok). Remove from heat
- Stir in the Rice Bubbles and leftover Mars Bar until well combined.
- Spoon into your slice tray. Use the back of a spoon to try and smooth/level the surface.
- Allow to cool for approx 1 hour.
- Combine the chocolate and Copha in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and give it a good stir. Continue microwaving and stirring until the Copha and chocolate have melted and combined together.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the Mars Bar Slice , smooth it out as best you can.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.