Impossible pie’s are great because you don’t need a pastry, they kinda make their own which is fantastic. This ham and zucchini impossible pie is perfect for lunches, dinners or even morning and afternoon teas. What’s even better about it is that if you don’t have ham or zucchini, add in things that you do have. Bacon and mushroom, spinach and corn – the list is endless.
Here is another variation – Bacon and Vegetable Impossible Pie
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1/4 capsicum, diced
- 100 g ham
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup SR flour
- Preheat oven to 180C and lightly grease a 30 cm round pie dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to medium high heat and fry the onions until soft. Add the zucchini and ham and cook for a further minute.
- Place the onion, zucchini and ham mixture in the bottom of the pie dish.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and SR flour. Stir in the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and set.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before serving.
- Can be served hot, cold or room temperature.