My husband introduced me to the Halloumi burgers, I’d never had one before but he had on many a night shift in Sydney. Now, where we are currently living takeaway is not an option, so I made our own halloumi burgers to satisfy his craving. They are great! I never thought I’d like it as much as I did and the combinations you can use with the halloumi are endless.
If you like burgers, you should try a chicken schnitzel burger, homestyle burgers, or salmon patty burgers.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 4 bread rolls (regular bread rolls or brioche rolls if you’re feeling fancy)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 200 g halloumi, sliced
- 4 eggs
- baby spinach
- tomato chutney (optional)
- 1 tsp oil, for frying
- 1 tsp vinegar, for poaching the eggs
- Heat the oil in a pan to medium heat. Add the sliced tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the halloumi to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side.
- To poach the eggs, heat a saucepan of water and the vinegar to medium heat. Use a slotted spoon to stir the water in a clockwise direction. Crack each egg into the moving water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain each egg well before using.
- Toast your burger buns lightly and then assemble your burger by placing a layer of chutney on the bottom half of the roll, top it with the spinach, tomato, halloumi, avocado and egg.
- Serve immediately.