Jam drops are an easy biscuit that I can make with my 3 year old. She really enjoys rolling the dough into balls and putting the jam in the centre, but she LOVES when it’s time to eat them. Here is a quick recipe so you can make them too.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 125 g butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 cups SR flour
- 1 tbs milk
- 3 tbs jam (your choice of flavour)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix again until combined.
- Add the milk and mix until a dough forms.
- Using approx 2 tsp of mixture per ball, roll the dough into 24 balls and place the balls onto the baking tray.
- Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand and use your finger to create and indent in the middle of each one.
- Place a small amount of jam (approx 1/3 tsp) in each indent.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool biscuits on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.