This creamy pumpkin curry is unlike any curry you’ve tried before. The sweet pumpkin is paired with a creamy curry to bring you a sweet yet spicy, savoury dish. Serve it with rice to make it a complete meal.
Other meat free recipes you could try are zucchini moussaka, lentil spaghetti bolognaise or a vegetable pizza.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- 1.2 kg of pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 onion, diced or sliced
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp of chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- Cook the rice according to the packet directions.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan to medium heat and fry the onion for 5 minutes until the onions have softened.
- Add the pumpkin, curry powder and chilli powder. Stir to combine. Lower the heat, cover and let cook for 10 -15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pumpkin has become tender but not cooked completely.
- Add the cream to the pan, stir through and let simmer for 5 minutes before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice.