These choc chip chocolate muffins are a fun treat to make and my children love them. I usually bake a dozen large size muffins and a dozen mini muffins for the kids from this recipe.
These muffins are great for morning or afternoon tea and you can wrap them in glad wrap and freeze them to use when you’re ready.
Other flavours you could do are chocolate muffins, double chocolate muffins , Orange and Poppy Seed or blueberry muffins.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes (mini muffins) or 25 minutes (large muffins)
Makes: 1 dozen large and 1 dozen mini muffins
- 2 1/4 cups SR flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup sugar
- 200 g white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin pan with paper cases.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a measuring jug and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases and bake for 10 or 25 minutes depending on their size.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.