Carrot and potato fritters are great to make because chances are you have everything you need to make them. They can be served as breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack and are great for lunchboxes.
I love mine with salad, or on salad sandwiches. Yum!
If you love fritters, you could try these alternatives.
Corn and Carrot Fritters
Zucchini and Potato Fritters
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 cup SR flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 potatoes, grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbs oil
- Mix together the flour, milk and egg.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, onion and salt to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly coat with oil before placing spoonfulls of mixture into the pan. Flatten each spoonfull.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Repeat with any remaining mixture.