A pasta bake is a wonderful dish, it can be served as a meal on its own, or as an accompaniment. This recipe is fantastic because it’s a basic pasta bake that you can simply follow the recipe for, or, you can search your fridge, pantry and freezer and see what you have left over you can throw in with it.
You could easily throw some diced bacon, chicken, tuna or salmon into this recipe to jazz it up, maybe add some capsicum and a bit of onion as well. Peas and Corn? Why not give it a try? This is a great base recipe that you can easily turn into something truly fantastic.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40 minutes
- 500 g packet of dried pasta sprials
- 2 tbs butter or margarine
- 2 tbs SR flour
- 2 cups milk
- 100 g cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- Cook the pasta per the packet directions.
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a baking dish.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the butter/margarine to a saucepan over medium heat and stir until it is completely melted. Mix in the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Whilst stirring, gradually add in the milk, continuing to stir until all the milk has been added in and sauce has started to thicken.
- Add 80 g of the grated cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add the pasta and sauce to a baking dish and mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese evenly across the top of the pasta bake and bake for 20 minutes, until cheese has melted and turned golden.