These little scrolls are a great morning or afternoon tea or a light lunch. Kids will feel like they are having a real treat.
They are quick and easy to make, pack well and you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
If you’re needing to make a platter for a party, or an afternoon/morning tea, these scrolls would go perfectly with some mini sausauge rolls, or zucchini and bacon slice.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Makes: 12 scrolls
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour
- 30 g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 75-100 g cheese, grated
- 75-100 g bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray.
- Place the flour and butter in a bowl, and, using your fingertips, work the butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix until a dough is formed.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and knead it until smooth.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle (30 cm x 23 cm). Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a 1cm border along one of the long sides.
- Sprinkle the bacon and cheese over the sauce and then roll it up like a swiss roll.
- Cut the roll into 12 equal slices and lay the scrolls flat onto the baking tray. Leave about 3 cm between each scroll.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm from the oven or let cool on a wire rack for lunch boxes.